keskiviikko 15. helmikuuta 2012

Waiting for the day to end

Cheers everyone! And also hyvää ystävänpäivää kaikille! :) There's no point saying Happy Valentine's cause it has a different meaning in Finland and I don't really care for the that kinda message right now cause i miss my friends...
Althought gotta admit that I totally enjoyed seeing how huge Valentine's is in England. Since we came here almost a month ago, it was everywhere, card shops for only Valentine's day cards, all restaurants had so many special offers, especially if the man would propose. The ladies get their chance to propose and get free cake and a glass of champagne on the 29th of February. Ladies can be happy it's their turn again after 4 years....

I have been ill for the last 5 days now and today when I woke up I believe I felt slightly better although not much of an improvement. Last night I tried to skype with a friend and it was really painful since my throat was hurting so much. Thanks to my lovely roommates special magic tea it went away so I could get some sleep. That's probably a habit, not unexpected one though, that I will take home with me. I do enjoy tea in England, but I also think it has a lot to do with the climate and the houses. You just don't survive here if you don't drink a lot of tea, every day, morning and evening. I've always been a coffee person, but for the past 3 weeks I've been drinking more tea than coffee.
We were just talking about the climate yesterday, and how people who are not here do not understand how the English weather can be so cruel. Alright, it's not snowing, it's not -39,2 C. However it is in it's own way the most horrible weather you could think of. I do feel it. It's like if the whole winter in Finland was just one everlasting October.

Wish I could get better soon, cause we have so many plans. But I guess this was bound to happen. Moving in a new country and stuff, you will eventually get ill. 
Anyway, the last days I have been mostly watching movies and sleeping, which has been really boring. Yesterday I managed to get out of here and went to have lunch with my fellow Finn who is actually also ill at the moment. Today I have been heöping my roommate with cleaning since her parents are coming to visit this weekend. I finally got rid of the spider webs on the ceiling. Now I am terrified cause I know they have a thing for me and there will be a revenge for distroying the webs. And they looked kinda cool on the brick wall....

I'm gonna look at some pics I could share in this entry. I haven't taken any for the past 5 days.

 Not a very good picture of the Town Hall of Leeds

 Some more Leeds, on a sunny day couple of weeks ago. I really think it's a beautiful city.

 This is Oliver the Ferret! And his favourite activity, attacking your feet and when you try to get his teeth out of your toes he just gets more excited. Love him!

 A beautiful bridge at the canal. And some twat trying to ruin the view.

 There it is again. Looking a lot nicer. Beautiful Leeds <3

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti